Every year at the beginning of August in the old Ural town Kamyshlov international jazz «UralTerraJazz» festival is held. The initiator and artistic Director of the festival is the most recognized jazz pianist Daniel Kramer (www.kramerdaniel.com).
The festival started in 2013 and from the very beginning attracted a lot of talented musicians from all over the world.
In 2013 the headliner of the festival was young and multi-faceted singer of jazz, blues, soul music Debora Pierre (the USA) known as the participant of the vocal project «Women of the World».
In 2014 soul-singer Chris Rob (the USA), the star of the project «Voice» Eteri Beriashvili, the best Polish jazz — violinist Bartosz Dworak and his quartet participated in the festival.
In 2015 the festival acquired ethnic coloration. Maestro of German jazz Philipp Weiss (vocal,Germany), the best kuraist from Bashkiria Robert Yuldashev and his ensemble «Kuraisy», ethno-jazz quintet «Hartyga» (Tuva) performed at the festival.
In 2016 listeners had an opportunity to get acquainted with rare guests — the pioneer of Chinese jazz Kong Hongway and jazz ensemble «Golden Buddha». They played both traditional Chinese and experimental European and American music. Young saxophonist Radovan Tarishka from Slovakia, soul-tenor Charles Turner III (the USA), singer Iren Aravina (Kazakhstan). Unique rock singer Pierre Edel (France — Russia) who presented the best blues compositions of 1960-70s.
The year 2017 was the first 5-years anniversary of «UralTerraJazz»! This significant day gave the festival guests meetings with such eminent musicians like: Chico’s New Trio (Armenia) — new project of drummer Armen «Chiko» Tutunjan, the patriarch Armenian jazz music; The best jazz trumpet of Russia Vadim Eilenkrig and Daniel Kramer Trio (Moscow); «San Salvador» quartet (Cuba — Russia) — the project of Latin-American musicians presenting Cuban jazz in the Urals.
There was also a competition of young jazz musicians «Jazz Berry» — the future of the Ural jazz industry. The winner of the competition (Grand Prix) received money prize.
There were also special prizes:
- From Daniel Kramer — an invitation to participate in 2 concerts with maestro Kramer in the season 2017-2018.
- From the Sverdlovsk Music College. P.I.Tschaikovsky — a certificate that gives the right to enter the pop-jazz department of the college without an entrance examination in the specialty.
- From «EverJazz» — a solo concert in the first Ekaterinburg jazz club EverJazz in the season 2017-2018.
2018 was a jubilee for the city that hosts the «UralTerraJazz» — Kamyshlov celebrated 350 years! Before the audience, Tim Kliphuis (Netherlands) and the trio of Daniil Kramer, Debora Chesti (Italy), Chad Lefkowitz-Brown Quintet (USA / Russia), Hot Havana Orchestra (Cuba \ Russia), Eria Lyytinen (Finland) performed on this «UralTerraJazz» — day.
«UralTerraJazz» today is recognized brand, thevisiting card of Kamyshlov. The festival has become cultural event, where residents and guests can not only listen to jazz in all its variations but spend Saturday in creative and stylish atmosphere.
The organizers of the festival think first of all about family rest, that is why parallel to music festival there are twospectacular events:
- festival of applied art and «Strawberry Jam» delicacies, where visitors will be able to taste various kinds of strawberry jam and buy souvenir production. In August 2018, on the central square of Kamyshlov, all guests were treated to a pie with strawberry jam, the length of which was more than 15 meters. Another memorable event of the festival «Strawberry jam» was the construction of a giant figure of wild strawberry from 3,3 thousand people, thanks to which Kamyshlov was included in the «Records Book of Russia» and the «Guinness Book of Records» .
- the festival of sand sculptures «Kamyshlov-art-Sand». We remind that in 2016 the height of the biggest sculpture was more than 4 metres, and the tiniest one less than 10 cm.
Traditionally during the festival all the guests of Kamyshlov are invited to the excursion. They will visit historical places of this old Ural town.